Not many people know that there are some certain products of essential oil for wasp sting. Whereas most people think that bee and wasp stings are just the same, they are actually quite different.
Since they are different, they need different kinds of treatments.
In some cases, the essential oils are completely different – quite the opposite, in fact. So, what should you know about the wasp sting (including the difference from the bee sting) and how to deal with the pain?
The Basic Differences
As it was mentioned before, the bee sting is completely different from the wasp sting – especially in terms of pH level. Bee sting contains venom that is quite acidic, while the venom of wasp sting is alkaline.
Knowing this can make a huge difference in applying the right treatment and procedure.
As you are well aware of, applying the solution should be done within the opposite manner of the venom. For the acidic venom, you want to balance it out by using the alkaline hoe remedy – and vice versa.
Feel free if you want to try the fancy and expensive products. But so you know, there are many home remedies recipes and herbal solutions that are quite effective to treat the issue.
If you prefer the chemical fancy products, be my guests.
But if you are okay with the herbal solutions, and you don’t mind fixing up some home remedy solutions, there are some possible treatments to try.
The Possible Allergic Reactions
Whether you will develop allergic reaction depends on the strength of the venom and your skin type (and condition). There are different reaction types from insect sting.
- Normal. In normal type, you will likely experience ‘only’ redness and swelling around the affected the area as well as pain.
- Localized. Local and big reaction usually involves swelling that goes beyond the affected area. For instance, if you are stung on your wrist, it is possible that your entire arm is swollen. If you are stung on the ankle, the swelling may take place on the overall leg. It looks serious, but in most cases, it is similar to the Normal type – only the reaction is bigger and somewhat more dramatic.
- Allergic. When you have allergy, the symptoms may include wheezing, difficulty in breathing or swallowing, quick pulse, swelling that goes to your mouth tissue, throat, and face, anxiety and restlessness, and dizziness (often accompanied by quick and drastic blood pressure drop). If you suffer from such reactions, you need to seek medical attention right away. If you don’t find medical assistance quick enough, it may lead to cardiac arrest, shock, and also unconsciousness. The time window is pretty quick – only within 10 minutes, even less. If you wait too long, it may even lead to coma and death so it is pretty fatal.
The Functions of Essential Oils
Over the years, the medical world has seen a lot of improvements. They aren’t afraid to involve herbal remedies and ingredients because they know the potent quality and trait.
You probably know essential oils for relaxation and inhalation therapy, but only a little people know that essential oils can be used to treat certain medical conditions.
Of course, not all of medical problems can be treated with the oils but the oils can be useful for bites or stings.
Not only essential oil for wasp sting have good smell and soothing effect, the calming trait is also working well when applied to the open wound.
The oils can deliver instant relief, creating fast soothing outcome. The oils are mainly useful to calm your skin, so irritation can be prevented.
Most of the oils contain natural substances that can be useful to make the recovery (and healing) process go faster. When you are being stung and you immediately apply the oils, little chance that there will be any scars or marks on the skin.
The Right Types of Oil
Despite the benefits of essential oil for wasp sting, the process to choose the right one may leave you with a headache.
There are tons and tons of essential oils – some are pure and raw while some have been mixed with one another.
How do you know that you have picked the right one? No need to worry because there are some helpful tips and also guide that can help you with the picking process.
Never underestimate a wasp sting. It is definitely annoying and also painful. If you have ultra sensitive skin, it can cause a serious burning sensation to the affected area.
But with the right oils, hopefully, these effects and sensation will subside soon enough.
There are different effects and results, and in the end, it all comes down to personal preference and like.
Making a Roll-on Solution
Making your own essential oil for wasp sting swelling is quite easy but you need to differentiate one with the bee sting.
If you don’t mind the extra work, it would be best to create two different types of roll-ons; one of the bee sting and one for the wasp sting.
The following recipes are pretty natural and safe, and they can be used for kids and babies too. The recipes are quite flexible, whether you want to include the essential oils or not.
If you make the roll-on for the bee sting, you will need:
- 5 drops magnesia milk (pH level is 10)
- 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda (pH level is 8.3)
- ¼ teaspoon of castile soap (pH level is 9) – this is quite helpful to emulsify oils to the water
- 2 drops of lavender oils
- A drop of German chamomile oil
- Filtered water (pH level is 7)
- 1/3 ounce of roll-on bottle
You need to mix all the essential oils with the castile soap. It would be best to mix it directly within the bottle and use a chopstick to stir it.
But if you prefer another container, feel free to do so – you can pour the mixture to the bottle at the final stage.
Once the oils have been mixed with the soap, add the remaining ingredients. Close the lid and then shake so everything is mixed well together.
Don’t forget to put a label on it and then keep it in the fridge. It will make the roll-on last for longer time.
When you want to use this roll-on, make sure that you have removed the stinger from your wound. Shake it before using it. It’s okay to apply this solution up to 5 times a day.
You should notice that the swelling quickly improves. If you want to, you can follow with calendula owie salve.
Keep doing it until you see improvement on the healed wound.
Now, how do you make the roll-on with essential oil for wasp sting? You should prepare:
- ¼ teaspoon of aloe vera gel (pH level is 4.5 to 5.5)
- ¼ teaspoon of raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar (pH level is 3)
- 2 drops of lavender oils
- A drop of German chamomile oils
- ½ tablespoon of unfiltered and raw honey (pH level is 3.9) – it helps healing and also moisturizing the skin. At the same time, it also acts as the emulsifier for the essential oils)
- Chamomile hydrosol for filling.
- 1/3 ounce of roll-on bottle
Just like the previous methods, you should mix the oils with the honey. Add the remaining ingredients and the chamomile hydrosol.
Pour the mixture to the bottle and close the lid. Shake it well so it blends nicely. Give a label and then keep it inside the fridge.
Just like the application to the bee sting, you need to remove the stinger first before you can apply the solution.
It is also okay to apply it 5 times within a day until your swelling is gone.
It is also possible to make a vinegar compress to provide soothing relief. You can prepare:
- A tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- A tablespoon of pure water or lavender hydrosol
- 2 drops chamomile essential oil
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
- A drop basil essential oil
You need to soak a clean cotton ball within the mixture of lavender hydrosol (or water), apple cider vinegar, and the essential oils. Apply the cotton ball of the affected area.
If you want to make sure that the cotton ball will remain on site, use a plaster. After 15 minutes, remove the plaster.
You should see that the swelling and redness should subside. If it isn’t severe, the swelling should go
Other Possible Treatments
If you don’t really like preparing or diluting the natural substances, there are some commercial products. You don’t need to prepare anything – simply buy the already processed product, and you should be good to go.
Of course, it is advisable to choose only the natural and organic products only but such products can be quite costly. If you don’t mind spending extra, feel free to buy the products.