Apple cider vinegar heart palpitations are often associated with the herbal remedies. A lot of people believe that apple cider is great to cure heart palpitations. But not so fast. There are some basic facts that most people don’t know.
Sure, apple cider vinegar is often included within the list of home remedies for many health ailments but it doesn’t always mean that it is a great and magical cure. In some cases, it is possible that the apple cider vinegar doesn’t show any positive outcome. In some rare but extreme cases, the apple cider vinegar may be the cause of the irregular heartbeat.
If you want to gain the best advantage of the apple cider vinegar, you need to know the basic facts about the substance.
Heart Palpitations and the Basic Condition
Heart palpitations are the condition when your heart beat is irregular. For some people, the sensation may be fluttering or flapping. For some, the heart may seem like it stopped beating completely. In some cases, the heart may beat super fast – faster than the regular beating.
The regular heartbeat is felt on the chest, but in heart palpitations, the beating can be felt up to your throat and even your neck. This kind of condition is considered harmless but if it happens too often, you should go to the doctor and have yourself checked.
Go to the doctor when the palpitations are accompanied by breath shortness, fainting, chest pain, chest discomfort, dizziness, and other painful conditions.
So, what’s the cause of the heart palpitations, anyway? For a starter, it is pretty difficult to pinpoint the exact cause. In some cases, the condition happens without any reason or whatsoever. So far, scientists and health experts have managed to define the most common reasons for the palpitations.
Hormonal changes can be responsible for the palpitations – this is one of the common reasons why they may happen quite often to women, since the hormonal changes can take place during menopause, pregnancy, and menstruation.
However, the heart palpitations aren’t limited to women only because there are other stressors responsible for the issue. Things like nicotine, too much exercise, anxiety, caffeine, stress, and heart conditions are mostly responsible for the problem.
When you eat too much and you immediately lie down, your heart has to work harder (and within the erratic mode).
The body wants to slow down first so it can be adjusted to the situation. But your bloated stomach with the undigested foods will hamper the process. Not to mention that your heart hasn’t been adjusted to the new relaxed situation, leading to erratic and uncontrollable beat.
These are the most common causes that can lead to irregular heartbeat and un-synchronous rhythm.
The Herbal Treatments and Home Remedy Solutions
Of course, the causes for the heart palpitations are different, but there are also different kinds of home remedy alternatives.
When we are talking about apple cider vinegar heart palpitations, it means that you can use the apple cider vinegar for the treatment.
There are also other solutions, such as magnesium acetate, baking soda, aloe vera, cayenne, lime, and potassium acetate. In some cases, people who undergo a lifestyle and diet change may be able to address the issue.
Avoiding MSG or other triggers can avoid the palpitations altogether.
What should you do about apple cider vinegar heart palpitations? You can consume it. You can dilute it with water. Some people claim that they feel better and experience reduced symptoms of the palpitations.
However, it is also common that some people experience the contrary – they experience more severe symptoms with more serious palpitations after consuming the apple cider vinegar.
Some health experts state that it is best to mix the apple cider vinegar with blackstrap molasses. But then again, you need to remember that different people have different systems and reactions to the substance.
Where as the apple cider vinegar can be advantageous for some people, it doesn’t always mean that it will deliver the same good effect to you.
If you want to have a safe and enjoyable benefit from the apple cider vinegar heart palpitations, it is better to consult your doctor. Apple cider vinegar is well-known herbal remedy, but in some rare situations, it can trigger a problem, whether it is the digestive issue or others.
Some people turn out to be sensitive to this substance so they either can’t consume it at all or they can only consume it in limited number.
If they consume it wrong, it can trigger problems. If they consume too much of it, it can irritate them.
This is one of the major reasons why you should consult your doctor. They can provide suggestions whether consuming the apple cider vinegar will be good for you or it will bring only negative side effects.
They can also perform a trial and error experiment on you – of course, under strict guidance and observation.
You should also be smart about your own condition and situation. If you suffer from the heart palpitation after you consume the apple cider vinegar, then it is your trigger – and not your cure.
Even if the apple cider vinegar turns out to be able to reduce your symptoms and you feel better about it, you should be aware about the consumption.
Just because the apple cider vinegar heart palpitations are proven to be good for you, it doesn’t mean that you can consume it whenever you wish.
It is pretty acidic and it is quite potent. Your body isn’t designed to handle too much acid, anyway. Be sure to consult your doctor and know the safe limit to your consumption.
Pay attention to this aspect or you will only put yourself into another risk.
Other Possible Home Remedies
Apple cider vinegar may be a good home remedy but it is not the only herbal remedy that you can try for your heart palpitations issue.
There are some safe home remedies that you can include within your lifestyle or daily life. What are they?
- Cold water. You can use it for shower, so your heart rate can return to the normal beat. You can also consume the water before exercising, which will help slowing the beat. The cold water will cause the esophagus to press to the heart, helping restoring the rhythm. In the event of palpitations, the cold water can reduce the beat and make it go slower. The cold will shock the nervous system and bring back the beat to the regular rhythm.
- Aloe vera juice. It has been known for its soothing trait. Most people who consume the juice claim that they feel better and they significantly experience reduced symptoms for their heart palpitations. However, some experience the contrary effects where their palpitations are triggered by the juice or they don’t experience reduced symptoms – instead, they experience an increase in the symptoms. Just like the apple cider vinegar, you need to consult your doctor before consuming one so you can be sure that you won’t experience further side effects or risks.
- Banana. Banana is rich in potassium, the main source of electrolyte. The heart is basically a muscle depending on minerals to function properly. There is a condition called hypokalemia which is caused by the lack of potassium. Such a condition usually leads to disturbed heartbeat and the palpitations. When you consume a banana on a daily basis or you can include it within your daily menu, you can avoid the lack of potassium that can cause health issues and problems.
Things that you can do when you or your loved ones are dealing with the heart palpitations:
- Try to observe yourself. Be a smart patient. Try to observe what foods, drinks, or activities that may lead to the heart palpitations. There should be a point in your life that you realize that it can trigger the palpitations so it is best to avoid it.
- Managing a healthy lifestyle is crucial, whether you have health issues or not. If you are able to manage a healthy and proper diet, along with taking care of your cholesterol level and blood pressure, you should be able to minimize any health issues.
- Including veggies and fruits into your diet is crucial. When you can manage the right meal, at least three times a day, with the fruits and veggies, you should be fine.
- Have a regular workout routine. Don’t work out too strenuously or your heart will work too hard
- Consider trying yoga or other breathing techniques when you run a stressful life and you are often stressed out.
- Consider consuming ripe guava every morning (it is better with empty stomach) because it can reduce palpitations. You can also try consuming guava juice as the alternative.